Happy Teacher Appreciation week! As working classroom teachers, we know how hard it can be to maintain serious momentum right up through the last day of school. And in a year where our students have been subject to so many changes, we think teachers deserve an extra round of applause to help say thanks for all of the amazing work that you’ve done against the most incredible of odds. So hip, hip… HOORAY! And let the celebration begin!!!
Wait… did someone say “celebration?”
You betcha’ we did. In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, EMC² Learning is proud to announce our Biggest Site Update In History. That’s right y’all: we’re talking two, count ‘em, TWO brand new lines of resources, each inspired by some of our favorite “off the shelf” board games — all with an EMC² Learning twist, which makes them the perfect treat for some end-of-the-year fun to keep your students fully engaged until the last day of school. Say hello to:
DEVILISH DEBATE is a brand new top-level category that puts your students in the center of the action for brain teasers and philosophical challenges that can quickly be remixed to help review content from any course or unit of study. Fair warning: things will get heated in here!
Meanwhile, Way Better Than a Movie is a brand new subcategory (it lives under “REVIEW ACTIVITIES”) with an action-packed array of school-friendly remixes of some of our all-time favorite party games. This line is loaded with opportunities for laughter, team building, and high energy review of course content: all with virtually zero teacher prep required.
Here’s a closer look at just a handful of what we’ve added to the site as part of these two resource lines this week. Each activity is super low prep, perfectly re-tailored for classroom use, and inspired by the familiar gameplay of board games you’d find at your favorite toy store!
- Caveman Grammar – You think you good at words? We show you. Come play!
- unSPEAKable – A vocab review game with a Taboo twist. With ZERO prep required!
- Backyard Brawlers – Who would win? Abe Lincoln on a laser powered shark, or George Washington in command of a zombie horde? Add your content and put up your dukes!
- Spies in Disguise – Sus out the imposter before they discover the secret location!
- Desert Island Dilemma – One small chopper. Two desperate castaways. Endless opportunities for spirited debate with lots and lots of baggage.
- Two Teams and a Turncoat – One of our all-time favorite social strategy games. 100% engagement for every student and zero time spent on the bench! Tick, tick, tick…
- Snowflake Scribble – A game for dry erase boards where teams compete to explain one of a kind concepts from your content area. And no two scribbles are ever alike.
- Snake in the Grass – Review unit vocabulary like a chameleon! Teachers love a review game with ZERO prep needed, while students get a kick out of some sneaky learning.
- Whodunnit? – An EMC² twist on the classic party game “Werewolf.” Whodunnit has at least a dozen different character roles for starters, and even more variants on the way!
Low prep and off-the-charts engaging, we’ve got all sorts of surprises in store for engagement strategies that can quickly be tailored to your course content. Thanks again for all that you do, and we hope you have a fantastic Teacher Appreciation Week!
We hope you’ll consider joining us as a member of our EMC² Engagement Engineer community to access this resource and countless others. Give a click to this link for details and we’ll see you inside!